The Global Switchboard seeks a full-time Program Coordinator
The Global Switchboard is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that stewards a diverse network of
people and organizations to transform the Pittsburgh region into a more globally engaged and equitable community. We utilize four tools to work towards our mission: a physical co-working space, a digital hub, a slate of programs and partnerships and a data-driven state of global engagement project. Together, these tools help us bring people together, encourage collaboration, and support our network.
In addition to the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below, the ideal candidate needs to be passionate about how people in Pittsburgh and the surrounding region engage the world, and the resulting implications on equity, human rights, and human dignity. Our office environment is small and informal, but dedicated and fast paced. A successful candidate is someone who is independent and confident in their work, has an ability to adjust to the demands of an evolving organization, and a commitment to teamwork suitable for a participatory organizational culture.
- Event/Programming Design and Implementation – Lead planning and implementation of diverse programs (one time and ongoing events) for members and broader public
- Regularly plan public events (including the BurghMeetsWorld Series) that engage attendees and foster community responses to the local dimensions of global issues.
- Design and implement resident member specific programming, including monthly ResUp meetings.
- Partner with diverse organizations to jointly host events/programs
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to produce content promoting events and programs.
- Continually innovate and refine programming strategy with Executive Director
- Member Relations/Engagement – Maintain strong relationships with community, ensuring members benefit from and participate in collaborative efforts
- Actively seek out and learn about member organizations and their work in order to partner on programs, facilitate introductions, and amplify work of members.
- Regularly initiate introductions across our network
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to produce content promoting member organizations and their work.
- Support executive team with occasional membership outreach/recruitment
- The State of Global Engagement project – Help oversee the Switchboard’s data-driven report on the state of global engagement and equity in the Pittsburgh region.
- Work with Executive Director, Director of Operations, and outside consultants and partners to research and inform surveys to create a data driven report.
- Develop programs and partnerships to launch and share the project
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to work and coordinate with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Interest in and concern for global engagement and equity
- Excellent time management, priority setting skills
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to think outside of the box, problem solve
- High attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the Switchboard
Work Schedule: Full-time. Flexible scheduling.
Compensation: $32,000/ year
The Global Switchboard’s compensation philosophy serves as a demonstration of the organization’s commitment to transparency and its employees. Starting salaries are determined by a set percentage range benchmarked on a review of nonprofits in Allegheny County.
Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible to enroll in health and dental insurance. Employees may also participate in a 403(b) retirement plan after six months employment. The Global Switchboard provides eleven paid holidays (6 permanent and 5 floating) a year as well as 15 days of paid vacation during their first year of employment.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Switchboard is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Each person is evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit. The Global Switchboard’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotions, working conditions, scheduling, benefits, wage and salary administration, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational, and recreational programs.