The Global Switchboard seeks a part-time Communications Coordinator
The Global Switchboard is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that stewards a diverse network of people and organizations to transform the Pittsburgh region into a more globally engaged and equitable community. We utilize four tools to work towards our mission: a physical co-working space, a digital hub, a slate of programs and partnerships and a data-driven state of global engagement project. Together, these tools help us bring people together, encourage collaboration, and support our network.
In addition to the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below, the ideal candidate needs to be passionate about how people in Pittsburgh and the surrounding region engage the world, and the resulting implications on equity, human rights, and human dignity. Our office environment is small and informal, but dedicated and fast paced. A successful candidate is someone who is independent and confident in their work, has an ability to adjust to the demands of an evolving organization, and a commitment to teamwork suitable for a participatory organizational culture.
- Communications – Produce internal and external communications to stimulate member engagement, and share learnings and stories of The Global Switchboard’s network
- Implement, and continuously adjust, membership engagement strategy
- Regularly produce core communications outputs (ex: social media platforms, monthly newsletter, periodic blog posts)
- Produce and promote Eventbrite pages to drive event registration
- Record and creatively disseminate key ideas from events
- The Global Switchboard Hub – Lead effort to keep The Global Switchboard Hub reflective of network’s ongoing work.
- Manage and update website’s opportunities, calendar of events, and other content.
- Ensure the new members are introduced to the Hub and that member profiles are updated
- Create and curate new content for the Hub including highlighting member news, opportunities, and achievements
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to regularly display and organize coalition resources and progress on the Hub.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to work and coordinate with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time management, priority setting skills
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Creative thinking with the ability to think outside of the box, problem solve
- High attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, and design software
Work Schedule: Part-time. Flexible hours.
Compensation: $16/ hr., 20 hrs/ week.
The Global Switchboard’s compensation philosophy serves as a demonstration of the organization’s commitment to transparency and its employees. Starting salaries are determined by a set percentage range benchmarked on a review of nonprofits in Allegheny County.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com
The Global Switchboard is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Each person is evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit. The Global Switchboard’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotions, working conditions, scheduling, benefits, wage and salary administration, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational, and recreational programs.