The Global Switchboard seeks a full-time All for All Coalition Manager
The Global Switchboard is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that stewards a diverse network of people and organizations to transform the Pittsburgh region into a more globally engaged and equitable community. We utilize four tools to work towards our mission: a physical co-working space, a digital hub, a slate of programs and partnerships and a data-driven state of global engagement project. Together, these tools help us bring people together, encourage collaboration, and support our network.
All for All is a community coalition working to advance immigrant inclusion in the Pittsburgh region. All for All is guided by A Community Blueprint: Helping Immigrants Thrive in Allegheny County, a comprehensive, community-designed plan. Collectively, coalition members seek to build a regional movement that advances immigrant integration, removes barriers to success, and improves equity for all foreign-born residents including marginalized groups such as refugees, low-income individuals, and other under-resourced sub-populations. The Global Switchboard houses the coalition.
In addition to the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below, the ideal candidate needs to be passionate about how people in Pittsburgh and the surrounding region engage the world, and the resulting implications on equity, human rights, and human dignity. Our office environment is small and informal, but dedicated and fast paced. A successful candidate is someone who is independent and confident in their work, has an ability to adjust to the demands of an evolving organization, and a commitment to teamwork suitable for a participatory organizational culture.
- Coalition Management and Engagement – Maintain strong relationships with community, ensuring members benefit from and participate in collaborative efforts
- Coordinate and support Switchboard Coalitions including communications, scheduling, and coordinating with facilitators to set agendas
- Facilitate All for All Coalition meetings
- Work with coalition members to set agendas, timelines, and deliverables and identify new partners or members
- Maintain tracking system for Community Blueprint, including working with partners to keep updated and adjust as needed based on feedback
- Maintain relationships with coalition members and makes sure coalition responds to needs and goals of member organizations
- Actively seek out and learn about member organizations and their work in order to partner on programs, facilitate introductions, and amplify work of members.
- Work with Communications Coordinator to produce reports and updates that can be shared with broader community on state of work
- Ensure active coordination with City and County welcoming work.
- Perform regular audits of the work to ensure accountability.
- Fundraise for projects and actions identified by the coalition as pertinent and related to coalition goals
- Provide research and grant writing/reporting support
- Work collaboratively with the Coalition Members and Switchboard staff to develop campaigns that build awareness and buy-in (through newsletters, social media, etc)
- AmeriCorps Member Relations and Management – Manage team of AmeriCorps fellows working directly with coalition members
- Supervise and support a team of AmeriCorps fellows placed with coalition organizations to ensure communications and coordination of activities
- Support program implementation and coordinate various activities to advance day to day goals
- Manage and delegate calendar of activities (from recurring stakeholder meetings to stand alone events) to ensure relevant communication and action items are conducted in a timely manner and deadlines are met
- Coalition Communication and Coordination – Oversee Coalition Coordinator and public communications from the coalition
- Directly oversee and collaborate with the All for All Coalition Coordinator, a full-time AmeriCorps fellow, on coalition activities
- Oversee development of newsletters, social media posts, website content
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to work and coordinate with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with project management, including successful coordination of multiple activities
- Experience organizing public meetings, convening stakeholders, and building partnerships
- Interest in and concern for global engagement and equity
- A background or interest in network leadership
- Excellent time management, priority setting skills
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to think outside of the box, problem solve
- High attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the Switchboard and All for All
Work Schedule: Full-time. Flexible scheduling.
Compensation: $43,000/ year
The Global Switchboard’s compensation philosophy serves as a demonstration of the organization’s commitment to transparency and its employees. Starting salaries are determined by a set percentage range benchmarked on a review of nonprofits in Allegheny County.
Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible to enroll in health and dental insurance. Employees may also participate in a 403(b) retirement plan after six months employment. The Global Switchboard provides eleven paid holidays (6 permanent and 5 floating) a year as well as 15 days of paid vacation during their first year of employment.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com
*This position is funding contingent
The Global Switchboard is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Each person is evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit. The Global Switchboard’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotions, working conditions, scheduling, benefits, wage and salary administration, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational, and recreational programs.